Are you considering moving from Wisconsin to Florida? You are definitely not alone in your choice, as Florida is one of the states with continuous population growth. Every year, The Sunshine State welcomes flocks of new transplants who quickly get used to the perks of living in a diverse environment.
What are the main things to consider as you plan your move? Where to begin? This post will guide you through some major facts and steps to follow. We will also share our expertise on how to ship your car from Wisconsin to Florida.
What do I need to know before moving to Florida?
If Wisconsin has been your home for a long time, it will be a relief to move to a warmer state with more than 300 days of sun a year. Be aware of the humidity and hurricanes, especially if you plan to move to Southern Florida. However, following the hurricane safety measures and investing in a few simple solutions, you will keep yourself hurricane-ready.
Florida is famous for its golf fields and beaches. However, there are many other activities that you can engage in. Kayaking, hiking, going on a hot air balloon trip, or watching a baseball game are other exciting activities to explore in your free time.
Moreover, unlike the 6.27% income tax in Wisconsin, which is one of the highest for individuals, Florida does not have any state income taxes. The good news does not end here. Florida also offers more opportunities in the job market than Wisconsin. The hospitality, administration, transportation, and health care industries are the ones that employ the most people. Therefore, if your professional interests lie in these industries, you will have lots of great opportunities to shine.
Florida is also one of the most diverse states in the US, with a high portion of the Hispanic population. Therefore, get ready to indulge in delicious food enjoy the diverse cultures and music.
How much does it cost to move from Wisconsin to Florida?
Long answer short: it depends. The main factors to affect moving costs depend on the size of the apartment or house, type of service, packing materials, and the exact distance.
For example, moving a studio can cost from $1,400 to $1,700. Whereas moving a three-bedroom apartment would cost between $2,400 and $3,000. As you see, this is a wide range. Thus, there are plenty of opportunities to save money if you allow for some flexibility in timing, provide your own packaging as well as load and unload your belongings.
Corsia Logistics has extensive experience working with moving companies. We can easily recommend a reliable company in case you would like to check your options.
How can I ship my car from Wisconsin to Florida?
For your peace of mind, shipping your car from Wisconsin to Florida is the best option. Driving, especially in the midst of moving, is a questionable alternative. The long-distance will add wear and tear to your car. Then factor in the time that you will need to get to your destination. To that, add road trip expenses that may include gas, lodging, and a possibility of a car breakdown or a costly speeding ticket.
On the other hand, maybe it is your first time shipping a car and you are not sure how to proceed. Below are few tips to follow to ensure a stress-free process:
1. Take time to research car shipping companies. Do not immediately choose the cheapest options, as there is definitely more to price when it comes to these services. The quality of the service, transparency, adequate licensing, and shipping insurance are some of the things to keep in mind as you research companies.
2. Ask questions and get familiar with the type of auto shipping services that best fit your car. For example, if you are shipping a luxury car, then most probably you should choose an enclosed carrier to protect it from road dust or weather conditions.
3. When requesting a quote, be ready to provide the exact distance, vehicle details, and your timeframe. All these factors not only will impact the price, but also will help the agents help you select the best fit services for your particular situation.
4. If you are on a budget, it is a good idea to plan in advance and consider shipping your car in a non-busy season. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. An agent with your best interest in mind will help you plan accordingly.
5. Make sure your car is ready for shipping. A few simples things will you avoid surprises at pick up and during transport.
6.Arrange for the pick up time and location and enjoy your flight to Florida.
Corsia Logistics vehicle relocation experts will be happy to answer any questions you may have about auto transport and help you book your shipment. We offer personalized advice and free, no-obligation auto transport quotes. Call us now or fill out our simple online quote request form. Whether you are moving from Wisconsin to Florida or anywhere else in the US, we can help you ship your car safely and efficiently.