Once you have settled the details of your order, you will need to decide on pick-up and delivery dates. Then you can schedule your service.
A driver usually picks up your vehicle one to five days from your first available date. And delivery time depends mainly on the distance between pick up and drop off locations.
To avoid any surprises at pick up and during transport, customers need to prepare their car for shipping.
Prepare a car for shipping steps:
- Check your vehicle with a mechanic to make sure there are no leaks. Make sure the breaks are working properly. Check the tires as well. If you have fluid leaks tell your transporter, so they can prevent leaks on other cars. In such a case they have to load your vehicle on the lower deck.
- Take down any aftermarket accessories. Secure or remove any spoilers, ski or bike racks or other detachable elements as these can damage the vehicle during transport. Also, make sure convertible or soft tops and windows are secured and closed properly.
- Detail / wash your vehicle. Treat your car to a good wash, inside and out, so you can do a thorough inspection. The inspection is a very important component of the vehicle shipping process. And washing your vehicle will make it easy for you and the truck driver. They need to check for scratches and dings on the outside, and mark down any wear and tear. Take photos to document the condition of your vehicle at pick-up and compare with the condition at delivery.
- Disable all car alarms, or make sure you have provided your car transporter with the instructions how to disconnect alarms. If the alarm sounds and the trucker does not know how to disable it they have the right to mechanically remove it.
- Do not top off your gasoline. It is recommended that you leave a tank less than half full – enough for the transporter to load and unload the vehicle. They do not need more as they will not be driving the car unless otherwise specified in the order.
- Verify the car shipping insurance. Ask the auto transport company about their insurance – the extent and the amount of coverage. They should also provide you with a copy of the insurance certificate at your request. At Corsia Logistics, we always check the carrier’s insurance before dispatch.
- Leave personal items in your vehicle at your own risk. No carrier will accept responsibility for damages caused to your car’s interior by personal items you didn’t remove, nor for theft of the latter. Moreover, in certain situations, a carrier may even confiscate or dispose of your personal items without reimbursement.
- Ask how to track your vehicle. Most auto transport companies will explain that when you ask. With us, you can track your vehicle live by calling during business hours or emailing at any time.
Why should I choose Corsia Logistics to ship my car?
We are committed to making car relocation easy and affordable. Our rates reflect the most current market conditions.
Our logistics coordinators do not use a software to automate the process, but manually track daily supply and demand fluctuations. You can request a quote online, by calling or chatting with us now.
If you have more questions about our car shipping services, please refer browse our website or simply call us to discuss your questions.
We have numerous guides to help you understand the auto transport process. Thank you!