The world of auto transport is probably non-existent for many people. Yet, moving is a vivid reality for more than 35 million Americans each year.
When you start researching car shipping though, you swiftly realize that it is a separate industry with its own rules and regulations. Ultimately, you find yourself with some very specific questions. One major aspect is the difference between auto transport brokers and carriers. You may rightfully wonder if it is not simply better to cut the middleman and approach a carrier. After all, sometimes that works for other services, right? While that logic sounds tempting, it does not mean it works with auto transport.
When you start digging deeper, you will find plenty of reasons why the broker entity is a must-have in the auto transport industry.
Why not working directly with carriers?
The key to understanding the role of both brokers and carriers is to look at how the industry operates.
Some people assume it is easy to find a carrier (a company with trucks), and cut a low price deal. However, this is not how it works.
For example, suppose that you want to ship a car from Texas to New York. You start by searching for a car carrier that travels this route. Sounds easy enough, but here is where you meet your first challenge.
- Statistically speaking, about 80 percent of all US auto carriers are single owner-operators.
- On top of that, most of them have a limited number of routes they serve.
- Last but not least, only a small number of them have an online presence.
When you put all those things together you realize that finding a carrier is not easy. Of course, if you are determined enough, you can probably find some companies.
But what about the competition? You would have to find at least a few carriers to compare their prices and reputation. This means a lot of time spent handling just that part of the car shipping process.
However, even if you do manage it, does that mean you have found a good service? Information about the carriers’ performance is not accessible to just anyone.
Brokers are a licensed entity and they have access to all the information on most dispatch boards. This includes the reputation and rankings of carriers from other companies and brokers. Yet, this is not the only benefit that brokers bring to the table.
What does a car shipping broker do?
- Without car carriers, the entire auto transport industry would not exist. That being said, car shipping brokers are just as vital.
- They help both sides – carriers and customers. Their services save everyone’s time, which in turn cuts the cost of shipping a car.
- Auto transport brokers connect and manage the whole shipping process – from pick-up to delivery.
- It is their job to track the market conditions, and offer a realistic and current market price.
- Their access to thousands of carriers means they can organize transport on any route, at any time, for any vehicle.
- This is just as important for carriers as it is for customers. It means carriers can quickly find loads and customers can ship on time.
- Brokers can also find the carriers with the best safety ratings, which means peace of mind for the customer.
Brokers as an entity help keep the industry competitive and affordable. This only means better services for the clients and fast and secure loads for carriers.
More of what a broker can do for you
Track the location of your car at all times
You can call them to ask about the status of your shipment, and whether your car will arrive within the estimated window of time.
Provide free car shipping quote
Reputable brokers offer free no-obligation quotes. They can explain why to ship a car now you must pay a current market price.
And they can guide you on what to do when you are on a budget.
Explain how auto transport work
With that said, you should know that a broker can also operate as a carrier. This, however, does not mean such a merge of operational responsibilities makes the company better than the rest.
It simply means a broker/carrier company understands both sides better and this can only mean a more thoughtful team.
Shipping a car with Corsia Logistics
Most people want a quick and cheap car shipping service. And we always tell customers that you get what you pay for.
All established high-safety carriers in the US would not accept a car below the current market price. That applies to both open and enclosed trucks.
As one of the most trusted car shipping companies in the US, we work with all carriers to find you a spot and give you the best price possible.
Since Corsia Logistics has experience on both sides of the industry, we understand the specific challenges even better. That helps us improve our services on all fronts.
So, if you need help to ship a car please request a quick car shipping quote online or call our team now. Thank you.