This mesmerizing vehicle has tugged at the heartstrings of many people, throughout the decades since its inception. Whether you admire the classic Vettes or prefer the newer, more aggressive models does not matter.
The fact remains that you appreciate what this model stands for: power, speed and class!
Because of this, many people feel unease when they have to figure out the process of shipping a Corvette across the country. Today we will take care of that by giving you all you need to know.
How to ship a Corvette across the country?
Whether you have owned a Corvette, or just bought one online, this car has likely cost you a pretty penny. Moreover, we are sure it has great sentimental value to you.
That is one of the reasons why you should find a reliable car shipping company to take care of it. But how do you do that?
Think about what kind of company you prefer to deal with – a corporate level service or a small family-owned business.
When you have gathered enough information you can start comparing companies. You want one with a proven track record of shipping your particular kind of vehicle, namely sports and luxury cars.
Corsia ships Corvettes constantly and we work with many sports and luxury auto dealers and collectors from across the country.
It is a good idea to request car shipping quotes from several companies. However, do not base your decision on the quote alone.
The lowest price does not mean the best service. Make sure to talk to a representative of the company and ask a plenty of questions. This is how you can best judge expertise and professionalism.
What type of service is best to ship a Corvette?
In general, there are two main categories: open and enclosed auto transport. Which one you pick depends on what exactly you need.
Without a doubt, open auto transport costs less and usually takes less time. Because it is more popular, there are more open carriers and finding a spot on one does not take long.
That being said, your car will not be protected from the road and weather elements.
It provides much better protection against dirt and rain. This means the car stays in a pristine condition.
Of course, both options are safe, but enclosed trailers give you that extra peace of mind you may want. Sports car owners usually think it is worth the extra cost.
How does it work?
Regardless of the kind of auto transport you choose, the process of shipping a Corvette is this:
- The car shipping process starts with a quote. You can request a free estimate online, by phone or chat.
- Disclose details about the vehicle – exact model and modifications done.
- A logistics expert will schedule your shipment based on your desired shipping dates. Keep in mind that dates are always estimated.
- Next a carrier will pick up your car one to few days from your first available date. This is the pick-up time frame.
- It is important to remember that the carrier must inspect your vehicle before loading it and fill in an inspection report.
- The transit time depends mainly on the distance – your agent will inform you of the estimated delivery time.
- At delivery, the carrier must inspect the vehicle again and you both sign the Bill of Lading, the document that releases the auto transporter from any further responsibility.
How much does shipping a Corvette across the US cost?
Though many people want a clear-cut answer, it can be hard to give one. For starters, there are many variables that come in to play when we calculate your price. A realistic market rate is manually calculated. This is a rate that will ship a car in a timely and professional manner.
Here are the main factors that affect the pricing:
- distance and location
- vehicle make and model
- vehicle condition: operable or non-operable
- transport type: open or enclosed
- current supply and demand
Naturally, the distanced has the biggest impact. From there we have to consider all the other factors. Non-operable vehicles have to be loaded via special equipment, which increases the cost. Enclosed transport also has a higher fee, like we have already said. And the supply/demand situation may have seasonal fluctuations that we need to address and it is usually the final deciding factor.
In the end, our goal is to give you a fair price based on your specific needs and the current market conditions. Request your quote online now or call our team. Thank you.