Getting a car from one location to another, even across the country, is not a daunting task. That is if you have already found the solution that works for you. But in today’s world, we seem to face so many options, we may become overwhelmed. Well, it’s time we fix that.
In this short guide, we will go over the pros and cons of hiring a professional driver. Then we will see what some of the advantages and disadvantages are of asking a non-professional driver to drive your car. And last but not least, we will go over the pros and cons of hiring a professional auto transport company. Ready to find out which option is the best? Let’s get started!
What are the pros and cons of hiring professional driver services?
- You can ride along with the driver without having to drive. Now, who doesn’t like that? Hiring a professional that can do the job for you is great. Especially if you tend to worry a lot about your car and want to feel in charge even if someone else is driving it. In the meantime, you can read a book, listen to music, or indulge in any other activity you enjoy while on the road.
- Professional driver services know the importance of insurance. Therefore, most professional drivers will have coverage in case something happens during the trip. The important thing is, you won’t have to cover the cost of insurance for the driver. If any issues come up, you will be compensated.
- You are free to pack your belongings in your car. No matter how many things you pack, it won’t cost you extra money. Moreover, in case you have pets, you can also bring them along.
- The driver doesn’t have to stick to a schedule. Hence, to your advantage, your vehicle may get from point A to B faster. Sure, the driver will have to deal with traffic. But in most cases, your car will reach its destination quicker.
- It is going to be more expensive than other forms of car transportation. The professional driver you hire will only drive your vehicle and be in your service all the time. The cost may also be much higher if you have to pay for the driver’s food and lodging.
- Long trips are not only hard on you. They are hard on cars as well: account for your vehicle’s wear and tear and extra miles on the odometer.
- Finding a reliable cross country driver can be hard and time-consuming at times. Furthermore, some companies may not even accept to drive your car unless it has less than 150,000 miles or is no more than 7 years old.
What are the pros and cons of hiring a non-professional driver?
- Asking someone you know, such as your friend or family member, to drive your car is not a bad idea. You are familiar with them and will feel more comfortable during the entire trip.
- This option is also cost-effective. You will still have to pay them for their time, and possibly food and lodging, but it won’t be as expensive as hiring a professional driver.
- You will be able to pack as many personal belongings as you can fit in your car.
- When you hire someone you know, the chances are, the person is not a professional driver. So there will be more risk involved when it comes to liability.
- You will have to pay for the short-term insurance cost for the driver.
- Once again, the longer the trip, the higher the wear and tear on your car.
- Unless you’ve been on a cross country trip with the driver you pick, you won’t really know how well they drive. You cannot tell in advance if they will get your car to its destination faster either.
What are the pros and cons of hiring a professional auto-transport company?
- Hiring a reliable auto shipping company will guarantee a hassle-free experience. As long as you put your trust in an auto transport company that has great reviews and offers fair prices, your car will be in good hands.
- This option is often your least expensive choice once you account for all the costs. A shipping company transports several vehicles at a time, not just your car. And since you won’t be driving or hiring a driver, you won’t have to pay for any accommodation along the way, or food, or gas either.
- The company you hire will be responsible for the safety of your car. Your vehicle will be insured while on a carrier. Make sure to inquire about the insurance and ask your potential auto transporter any questions you may have.
- All drivers hired by a reputable auto transport company are well-qualified. They know what they are doing and will take care of your car until it is safely unloaded at its destination.
- There won’t be any wear or tear on your car. And no additional miles will appear on the odometer This is super important!
- You will save a lot of time and energy if you hire a shipping company. Use that valuable time and energy to take care of other important tasks.
- You won’t be able to pack your car with personal belongings. Most auto transporters will allow a suitcase inside your vehicle’s trunk. However, shipping companies cannot guarantee the safety of personal items.
- Auto-transport companies have a schedule to stick to. So when it comes to shipping dates, you might have less flexibility.
As you can see, shipping your car is not only better than driving it, but also better than hiring a professional driver or asking someone you know to drive it for you.
Do you agree with our pros and cons? Have anything else to add? If so, please let us know in the comment section below. And if you need to ship your car anywhere in the U.S, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Drop us a line via our online chat or call us at (818) 850-5258, or request your free, no-obligation car shipping quote today. Thank you!